RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You accept the bike(s) in good working order and have sufficient skills and experience to operate the bike safely on public roads.
- You agree to notify GS Astuto or named staff or agent in case of any accident, damage, theft or malfunction.
- You agree to pay for any damages, loss or theft of equipment. Including but not limited to -
- Use of consumable items such as spare tubes or tires
- Refinish and or replacement and repairs associated with crashes, losses or damage upon return
- Any 3rd party claims that may or not be covered under auxiliary insurance
- I agree to not hold GS Astuto, its operators, agents, servants and employees responsible for personal injuries or property damage, loss or delay, or change of itinerary incurred by any person or renter arising out of the act of negligence of any direct or supplemental carrier, or other person rendering any of these services, nor shall GS Astuto be responsible for any injuries, death, damage, loss or delay in any means of transportation or by reasons of any event beyond the actual control of GS Astuto, or of any agent or supplier, or due to force majure.
- You agree to operate the bike safely and within the road rules of Japan. This includes:
- Agree not to operate the bicycle while under the influence of alcohol
- Agree not to carry passengers on the bicycle unless approved by GS Astuto (child seat, etc)
- Agree to wear a helmet all times while riding the bike.
- You agree to use the bike for public road designated riding only and not for off road, event, racing or other use unless specifically agreed by and prepared for by GS Astuto.
- Any auxiliary or extra equipment is rented as a courtesy only and falls under the scope of this agreement.
- Total loss due to damages, theft or failure to return the bike shall result in full replacement reimbursement of the bike and any included equipment. The replacement cost of the bike is indicated on the Bike Rental Invoice and Waiver at the time of rental.
Rental Cancellation policy
- Cancellations 30 days or before rental date will result in full refund.
- Cancellations 14 days or before rental date will result in 50% refund.
- Cancellations within 7 days of rental date are not eligible for refund.
- If you have severe weather conditions (Typhoon, etc) at the time of rental, we may issue a 'rain check' so you can re-book at no cost.
- If you have an accident, sickness or trip disruption while you are riding, you are not eligible for a refund.
- If you have an equipment breakdown or malfunction as result of the equipment failure and cannot continue your ride, then we will refund the remaining portion of your booking, or you may change equipment at no cost.
If you have selected the DRW (Damage and Rescue Waiver) insurance, then the following apply:
- Damages resulting from your use of the equipment are covered up to 20,000 yen. Any damages higher than that will be billed to you.
- The Road Rescue service will send a vehicle to you and transport you and the bike to nearest station or service point within 40km. Any distance requested after 40km will be subject to additional fees.
- The Road Rescue Service is a transport only courtesy. Neither the company contractor, nor GS Astuto are liable for any repairs, service or parts required to fix or repair the equipment other than as specified in (6) above. Any repairs claimed will need to be authorized beforehand by GS Astuto.
mechanical and repair considerations
While cycling, sometimes flats and other issues may arise as the normal and expected part of the sport. It is understood that the rider is responsible for repairs and / or any purchase of parts required to fix these issues.
- Flat tires and tube punctures resulting in need to repair / replace either tube or tire.
- Brake adjustments. In the course of longer rides, it may become necessary to change or adjust the brake pads.
- Lights (if equipped) batteries replacement.
- Derailleur or gear adjustments. Should be carried out by skilled mechanic if you are not capable of doing this.
- Chain cleaning and maintenance. On long trips it's recommended to clean and lubricate the chain every 500km.